Saturday, November 22, 2008

...and another thing...

We saw her cardiologist who previously expressed concern over her heart and suggested me might recommend she stop driving...

After having another halter monitor test (she had one before they found out her medication was 4 times higher than it was supposed to be) he determined that her heart was, for someone 84 years old and having had a heart attack "in pretty good shape" and that he didn't feel that should give up driving, yet.

He did, however, bring up the memory thing and hopefully, her family doctor is going to look into this more fully.

One thing that bothered me about the visit was that the doctor talked almost exclusively to me... "Your mother this..." and "Your mother that....". as if Mom wasn't in the room. It really irked me. Mom was the patient and he should have been directing his discussion to her. Mom would ask a question and for the most part he would address me. She asked the question.... answer HER!

No comments: